I know it's Thanksgiving, which is why I want to get this out of the way. I have this friend who has opinions and is not afraid to share. She has made comments on my FB page, such as "Don't you dare give your baby a name in English, it has to be in Spanish", "Don't eat so much", "No sushi during pregnancy!!!!", etc... Whatever, I never reply cause I think her comments aren't polite, and though I feel compelled to give an unpolite answer, I rather not. Well, she just left me another note, saying: "So you're 30 weeks! That went by fast! By the way, Sarah was born at 31 weeks, without any warning... Kisses". Seriously, who says that??
So I replied "Are you trying to scare me? LOL", and her reply is "Of course not... I'm just saying it can happen , hehe" She's a good person, and we've been friends for 11 years now, but she's annoying the heck out of me. I just don't get where she gets the idea that her comments are proper, or that they need to be said...
Hey, since I'm here, let me share 2 questions from other women (DH's coworkers) that left me speechless.
-- It must be SO annoying to have everyone touching your belly, isn't??
-- So, what is it like to be a kept woman?
What do you respond to that??
Stumped
1 week ago


My go to....."eff off".
ReplyDeleteLike I said the other day, during pregnancy, weddings, and funerals people have a zillion opinions. All you can do is tell them off or tune them out.
I love you dearly! Happy Thanksgiving.
People also have a zillion opinions on how to parent so it pretty much never ever stops. I just adopt a "Whatever, I'm not listening" attitude. In one ear, and out the other!
ReplyDeleteI love you, girls!
ReplyDelete