Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, February 5, 2011

24 weeks

Fifteen more weeks to go. It sounds like forever. Especially if I continue to put on 2 pounds per week. ::hangs head in shame::

I trust my body, I know I’m gaining exactly what I need, but dang it, 2 pounds a week is a lot! I really don’t think I’m eating that much more, and I only had one chocolate fudge cake in the whole 3 weeks (somehow I seem to think that matters)

My blissful second trimester of comfort period may be approaching an end. I’m starting to get heartburn again. I’m starting to experience some swelling on my ankles, though not every day. And have I mentioned I hate the bed we sleep in? I’m almost counting to hours till we move into our house (6 more days!)

And this is where I get really personal and tell you a gross detail. I know there’s no real TMI in blog land, but this is pretty close. Be adviced, this sucks and it’s embarrassing.

My varicose veins that were limited to my right thigh have expanded, and now I have a big, fat varicose vein in my lady parts. Fabulous. Did I mention I still have 15 weeks left? How on Earth does one have a comfortable last 3 months of pregnancy with a varicose vein in her lady parts? As a cope mechanism, I’ve decided to name it Fatima. (If your name is Fatima or know a Fatima, please take no offense, I came up with the name as I was going through the alphabet at 3 am trying to find names I like for Bear)

So Fatima is here to stay. Dr. D said I should consider wearing a compression hose, but that it needs to be all the way to the waist and those tend to be rather uncomfortable. Or maybe I should join the YMCA and go swimming. But that’s about it, there’s nothing to do about it but learn to live with it until after delivery.

I’ve been reading about it and it’s actually not as uncommon as one would think (or hope), and some people have so many of them they actually get in the way of episiotomies. Oh, joy, 15 more weeks… I hope Fatima is an only child…

No comments:

Post a Comment